Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween, Any Last Minute Costume Ideas?

I've decided to finally confess that I have a problem, an addiction, something that consumes most of my free time by robbing me of my will to do other things (like writing or playing videogames). This addiction affects many people to some degree or another and can be a serious problem, but it's, oh, so sweet. What is this addiction you might ask? Simply put, it's reading. That's right, I said it. You got a problem with that? No? That's what I thought.

Ok, on a slightly more serious note (though not much more by "normal" standards) good books, great books are like crack to me. Or maybe heroin. I read and read and continue to read until there's nothing left. I love every second of it. Though I do need to better manage my time and set some of it aside to actually write something, anything. The fact that I'm writing this blog right now instead of reading is somewhat of miracle in and of itself (not really, I left my book out in the car and I'm too lazy to go get it).

While on the topic of books I'd like say two things, first to thank Becky (in case I haven't already) for the recommendation to read The Furies of Calderon, I loved it and am currently reading the second book now. The second thing was to remind all of you of the upcoming holiday, in case you'd forgotten, and which I still haven't spoken of much despite the fact that it's one of my favorites. All Hallow's Read is a tradition in the works (in case you haven't heard me say this already) that began with Neil Gaiman and an idea. The idea that perhaps one of the sweetest things you can give, or receive, on Halloween is a book. And since it's a season of scary happenings why not give a spooky, scary or creepy book to somebody you love, like or care for or maybe somebody you don't. Or maybe a stranger. So for this awesome Halloween give somebody a book, maybe you'll get one in return.

I still haven't decided on what to be for Halloween, even though I promised Ashley I'd dress up and go trick or treating with her and my sister. If you've any suggestions please share them (I'd greatly appreciate it).

Ashley and I will be moving into the basement apartment within the next couple of weeks if everything goes well for Chris and Rebecca (the kind couple building the apartment), and in four weeks we'll know whether our wonderful little monster will be a bouncing baby boy or lovely little lady. I'm excited, if not somewhat terrified as well.

Still working on getting pictures up for you all, hopefully I'll get some up soon (for real). I may be getting a computer soon as well so hopefully it's more than just wishful thinking.

That's about everything I can think of right now. I'll blog more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment