Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pitter-pattering, not unlike the heart-beat of a new life

The asphalt glistens and glows, reflecting the street lights in its rain slickened glory, like the black-stained mirrored surface of the sea before a midnight storm. The pitter-patter of earlier hours has passed on and yet the clouds persist, perhaps to unleash their tears upon us once again tomorrow. I love the rain, yesterday I only caught bits of it in its intensity while I worked, today I was sick and took advantage of it by calling in (on top of being sick I tpok a nasty tumble down the stairs last night and today have found myself bruised and sore beyond what I would have expected) and, therefore, have been able to enjoy said rain today.

My wife also found it to be a moment of opportunity and called to reschedule her ultrasound for earlier this afternoon. I can't begin to express the overwhelming feelings I experienced upon seeing the small and forming child inside my wife (only one unfortunatly, or maybe thankfully). They were overwhelmingly fatherly, I suppose, and exciting beyond measure.

We have two pictures we were able to bring home.


(After more than several attempts at posting said pictures and failing, I have for the moment given up. If anybody knows why it keeps posting only the top half of the pictures please let me know)

I've new ideas for one of the stories I've been writing, about a boy named Lad. I started it last year and then, as always, jumped. I feel myself returning soon and I'm excited to revisit this little friend of mine.

I'm off to sleep now, I'm not feeling great but I should probably go to work tomorrow, you know, money and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment