Thursday, November 10, 2011

Peripatetic thoughts, illness and some other things

Once again it's been quite a long while since my last post and for that I apologize again. Life's been
fairly hectic lately and time seems to walking by faster than I can run and I simply don't have much free time. Right now I'm writing this from work (it isn't busy and surprisingly our system let me on today, don't tell anyone though, haha)

My wife is sick once again with a nasty cold that she decided, like the wonderfully selfless woman she is, to share with me. I must confess that while selflessness is a great quality I find myself somewhat ungrateful. As the day passes my throat burns and itches, my nose runs more and more and I'm stuck here at work. On the bright side, I have internet access here and am currently writing out this post for anybody who actually reads this blog.

I finally managed to jump out of the rut I was having with my writing thanks to a realization shared to the public here by Mr. Trevor Green, a writer/aspiring novelist and husband to an old friend of mine. His revelation was just the kick the head I needed to finally finish a short story I recently started and continue with what was intended to be a short story but has become something else entirely. It's funny how things like that happen, an idea or concept begins as one thing and then either comes into being that way, or more often than not, it grows into something unexpected.

I'm trying to earn extra money for the holidays, so I've decided to try and give guitar lessons. I've played for quite a few years and am by no means the best but, if you or someone you know is interested let me know. You can find my ad on ksl.com in the classifieds. I'll get a link up shortly. I'm also looking into other ways to earn a couple extra bucks, if you have any ideas let me know.

On Monday the 28th my wife and I go in for the ultrasound which will tell us what sex the baby is, my wife is already taking bets and is hoping for a boy (I'm not opposed to a baby girl though)

It's hours later now and I'm finishing this on another computer. The system finally kicked me off at work and thoroughly scolded me for trying to blog.

Here's the link to my guitar lesson offer: check it out!

Anyways, I need to go take care of my wife who is now feeling worse than earlier. Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment