Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Good Week

This last week was, by far, was one of the better weeks I've had in quite sometime despite my son being sick with a slight ear infection, which has made him crankier than a crack addicted dragon going through withdrawals, and the fact that I've (comparatively) written hardly anything at all.

I've gotten stuck in my WIP (work in progress) and am unsure of where it's going. After staring at the screen for hours and getting almost nothing done over two days time, I took a short vacation from it and decided to write a short story based on one of the characters. I enjoyed it and learned more about who the character is or rather who they will become as the story takes place after my WIP. Despite not being very long and nowhere near helping me meet my daily word goal, it was fun and somewhat contented the self critical thinking I'm prone to.

I also dedicated some time to playing the guitar, which was immensely cathartic and learned a few new songs. I'm debating whether or not I want to be one of those people, by which I mean just about everyone, and upload videos of me playing them to YouTube. At the moment I'm undecided.

I also had an awesome lunch with my little sister, which I should really try and convince her to do more often, after a small adventure riding Trax where I did nothing, but sit and listen to the audiobook of American Gods. This has done nothing but remind me just how much I love this book and the Tenth Anniversary Edition on audiobook is simply amazing, I wish all audiobooks had full casts. I was so sucked into the story that I actually missed my stop and then headed several blocks in the wrong direction after getting off before realizing what I was doing and where I needed to go.

The week finished off with a Halloween party thrown by my aforementioned little sister and it was a lot of fun. We were all supposed to dress up, my little Bootstrap went as hastily thrown together Daryl Dixon outfit, though without a vest or crossbow. I looked everywhere a friggin' crossbow toy and am amazed that I couldn't find one. I kind of copped out, with no ideas, no time and no money I threw together a costume that was funny and clever and totally not my own idea. A cereal killer. It was a very enjoyable evening, I love when my family gets together because I'm lucky to have them and perhaps even luckier that everyone gets along extremely well.

And last, but definitely not least, and possibly what made my entire week, was reconnecting a bit to an old and very dear friend, one of the best I've ever had, and the person who suggested my costume idea, which may have been more of a joke, but I did it anyways. It was great fun to hear from them and to find out that they are happy and enjoying life.

So it was a good week, probably a great week and I'm pretty content at the moment. Looking forward to this week and hoping it holds something in store.


Bootstrap's costume.
Little Daryl
He started posing as I took the picture haha!
And then me just being my dorky self.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment