Saturday, August 10, 2013

Update on Me

I've just laid my son down for a nap, it doesn't sound like he's going to fall asleep although he really needs to, so this will be short and quick. Then off to the park.

Things are looking good. I feel I've accomplished quite a bit in the last week and hope to keep myself moving and productive.

I've hit at least two thousand words a day (except for yesterday) in the novel I'm writing and am loving where it's going and where it's taking me. I've written several articles for content mills and have received payment for them. Not much, mind you, but I've enjoyed the work and am grateful for the experience and especially the feedback.

In addition I've entered one of my short stories into an international writing competition. I'm not expecting to win, but I've still got my fingers crossed and I would love to be able say that I had won. (The prize money would be really cool and much appreciated as well)

I've decided to go back to school and have registered for classes. I've also been approved for financial aid and all I need to do now is figure out my schedule and make sure all my i's are dotted and my t's are crossed. I'm very excited to continue my education.

I've also gotten back in touch with several close friends from Argentina. Facebook and Skype can really be amazing (as well as all social media). I'm very happy to be in contact with them again and hope to one day return and see them face to face. (For those who don't know I'm served a mission for the LDS church in Argentina for two years)

In a nutshell that has been my week. I am now very much enjoying my son and will continue to do so for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment