Sunday, August 4, 2013

Change



There have been a lot of changes going on in my life as of late and, not surprisingly, they've leaked over and affected on-goings and projects I've been working on. I decided that it would be a good idea to allow those changes to reflect here on the blog.

I started this blog with the intention of writing about, well, mostly writing. In a way it turned into more of a diary I rarely used. I'd feel guilty about writing posts if they didn't have to do with writing or my current projects, I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I felt like, because I wanted to be a writer, then I should have a blog about writing filled with reflections on the craft.

I felt that way because I'd seen many others do it, I'd read "rules" where it said you needed to it.

What a bunch of garbage.

I love reading, I love reading about the craft of writing, but mostly I love writing and to be perfectly honest, pigeonholing myself into a corner where I felt like I should only be writing about how to write or what I was working on was, to say the least, stressful. It wasn't fun.

So I didn't blog.

That changes now.

I'm going to write whatever I feel like writing. I'll share it with you and you can read it if you'd like. If you enjoy what you read, share. Tell people about it.

As the new introduction to the page states, this is where I'll share an open and honest view of life. That's a broad subject and I'm going to enjoy all of it I can, otherwise, why blog?

I am naturally careful of the things I say and write because I don't like contention, I don't like to offend or upset people, but you know what? I've learned something and it's finally starting to sink in. If you try and please everybody you won't be happy. Just that simple.

So if I have something I need to say, I will.

Though I do promise to avoid attacking others. I won't try and start fights. I won't put up with rude comments. Criticism is welcome so long as it's done in an educated fashion in order to further the conversation or bring up different views. I know people will disagree with me on things. That's okay.

But there's enough negativity in the world people. Let's play nice.

So, what about you? What changes are happening in your life right now? How are you dealing with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment