Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mustard & Cheese Triangles.. oh, and Pictures!! (Warning: Contains Boy Part)

Well, for those of you who haven't heard the news yet..
IT'S A BOY!! Yup! That's right, I'm gonna have a son come this April. Yikes, that's scary.

Profile of William and his "button nose" maybe he'll have button eyes as well O.O


So the creature growing within the womb of my wife has finally revealed himself at last. My wife snapped these shots of the ultrasound pictures from my phone and posted them all over facebook. So I thought it would be a good idea to spread them around as well. (Oh, and if you didn't notice we celebrated the news with subway. I must confess I've fallen madly in love with the rosemary and sea salt bread, delicious)

Other news from home includes a new addition to the family, who has been smuggled into our tiny bedroom after she stole my heart and then my wife's. (Our basement apartment still isn't finished but it's almost there, once it is we won't have to hide her and we'll be able to reunite with both Patches and Calypso as one big happy family... or least Ashley and I will be, the others may not be so thrilled)

Storm: a violent disturbance of the atmosphere
Off to the side is the little demon who has claimed us as her human slaves, to forever feed her and love her and clean up her litter box. We're doomed!
Behind all that cuteness lies.. well, more cuteness.
My wife and I named her Storm after adopting her from the pound and she's currently learning that running along hardwood floors is somewhat counter productive, if not hysterically funny to watch. 
   She's suffering a cold right now, the free checkup with the vet she had last night determined it was Kennel Cough, a common virus among shelter animals, though she was given antibiotics because the vet believed she may be coming down with symptoms of something else as well. I'll write more about this little critter later and let you all know whether or not she's still sneezing and coughing and polka dotting the room with boogers.



I quickly wanted to make you all aware of a project I quite firmly believe in by Christopher Salmon, revolving around one of my favorite short stories from author Neil Gaiman called The Price. It's about a cat and a family and something more ominous, dangerous. I loved the story and I'm excited about this upcoming film. Please take a look and see for yourself, and if you'd like, read the story.

I'm writing here and there, when I can mostly. So it isn't very much.

As it is the Christmas season I thought I'd bring it up and quite proudly say that I'm almost finished with Christmas shopping and can't wait to see the looks on the faces of those who receive them (that's always been my favorite part), expressly, my wife's face, who I am sure will be quite excited.

Before I go I thought I'd leave you all with a look at the rest of my little group of trouble makers

Calypso, my little baby

Patches, my wife's baby (and monster)



No comments:

Post a Comment