Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Years (A short post)



It's a new year and with it comes new beginnings.

I've been giving a lot of thought to goals and resolutions for the coming year and reflecting on those from years now past, both the ones I've actually finished and ones I haven't and the reasons why. I think part of my problem is that my goals are often too big, too vague or I have too many. I think it's actually a fairly common thing people do and why resolutions for the new year aren't often taken seriously.

I've talked about this topic a few times over the years on my blog, so I'll be short and I won't make you any promises. Not yet. I will, however, make one for myself and that's to continue mulling over who I am and who I want to be and the differences between the two. As well as a similar question concerning my family; what I want for us and what is necessary and what is best. That's something my wife and I have discussed several times and I imagine we will continue to discuss it over the coming year and coming years.

I feel I've been very contemplative over the last few weeks, thinking about what matters and what doesn't. Some of those things are easier to recognize than others and some of them are harder, murkier. As this new year begins I hope to make better sense of myself, my hopes and my dreams. 

I hope you do as well. I hope we'll all recognize the things that matter most, the things that give us joy, true joy, so that we'll smile wider, laugh louder and hope harder. And I hope in this new year that we'll all spend more time around the people we care for and who care for us in return.

Let's stop the hate, let go of the grudges, think before we speak and forgive even those we feel we shouldn't. There's too much negativity in the world and life is too short to be spent on such trivialities. 

I wish you all a happy New Years.

Let's make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment