Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years!! 2014

It's New Years Eve! Only a few hours left of 2013 and then we enter into the big ONE FOUR!!

Since I didn't really have any plans for tonight I decided to do something new, something I've been thinking about for a long while. I made a video, two actually, and uploaded them on YouTube. The first was a cover of the song Demons by Imagine Dragons and the second, an original song I wrote a few months back. The first song I'd written in almost three years. I stumbled a bit through both of them, but they turned out alright I think. Quality isn't the best, or even very good, but it's not the worst either.

Check them out at the following links

Under the Same Moon - Here

Demons - Here

I plan to continue uploading videos throughout the year, mostly covers, but I'd like to go through and record all of the better, older songs I wrote during and after highschool.

I'll probably have another post up soon about my goals for the coming year.

I'll leave you all tonight with a wonderful new years wish from a few years ago. My favorite, actually.

"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before.

Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.
Make your mistakes, next year and forever." -Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment