Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Bad Bug, Short Stories and a Beta Read

Confession time! This last week was not good for my goals.. any of them. Not for lack of wanting to do them, I would have loved to have gone running everyday and worked on my WIP.

Late Monday night I started feeling ill, my stomach was upset and I had a headache. I woke around 3 in the morning and vomited several times (not sure I'll ever like chili again), I didn't feel good the rest the week, yesterday was the first day my stomach decided not to gurgle and roll like a storm tossed sea.

So I got very little writing done and even less exercise, but tomorrow is the beginning of a new week and I'll be back at it (at least I'm doing the blog on time this week).

I've sent out a couple more of my short stories for submissions and have another I'm in the process of writing, once finished I'll be submitting it to Clarkesworld Magazine, keeping my fingers crossed and looking at others that may be interested in my shorts.

Despite this last week, my WIP is coming along nicely and I decided to finally set down a goal for when I want to be finished writing and start the first draft of revisions, a deadline if you will (for myself). I'm aiming for Feb 12th, just a few days before LTUE (which I wish could attend, there's always next year). After that I'll find a couple poor souls willing to read it and give me some feedback.

On that note, I volunteered to beta read The Sometimes Sword by Trevor Green, you can find out more and see what he's up to on his blog beyonddragonsandwizards.blogspot.com. It's a great blog about his going ons, thoughts and goals as he himself works on making his dreams a reality. As far as his manuscript (and I'm sorry Trevor) I only recently started reading it but have quickly been pulled in (I promise to get some feedback to you this week!!)

How are your goals coming along? Have you had any speed bumps in your efforts? Are you helping others live up to their goals? Or accomplish their dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment