Saturday, September 12, 2015

Quick Post - An update

I'm writing this on my wife's kindle. It's an older model and only has an onscreen keyboard. Not that that's a problem.

I've written several things, including a few blog posts from my phone, which is a lot smaller. I'm used to my phone though, accustomed to it and I feel a bit clunky and awkward here so it's taking me a little longer to write.

I don't have much experience using any type of tablet, which may sound strange to most seeing as how utilized just about everywhere these days by everyone. I've wanted to get one for sometime, but could never justify forking over the cash. My wife has had this kindle since before we started dating and I never really played on it or tried to use it until now.

I like it, but I feel like if I were to get one I'd want it to be just a bit larger because I'd probably be getting it primarily to write while I wasn't home. Something smaller than a laptop with a decent battery life and a keyboard. I used to have a netbook until early this year when it met an unfortunate end. I don't think I'd redo it. We recently purchased a computer, which is part of why I started blogging again, and I really like it, but I can't take it with me to write other places and I feel other places is where I do my best, or most productive, writing.

I can write here at home and often do, but I'm also easily distracted by things in the house so something I could take with me would be great. For now, however, I'll make do with what I have and be grateful for it. After all, it's more than what many others have.

I've been thinking about that a lot lately and I expect I'll be writing about it here within the coming days. It may actually be something interesting. Maybe even something that's worth reading. I don't know. We'll have see.

I believe I mentioned in my previous post that I had submitted a short story to an online literary magazine. Late last night I received a response. A form letter, the story was rejected. To be honest I wasn't expecting such a quick response, I've submitted a handful of stories in the past to different magazines and had to wait weeks to months in some cases to hear back. This was less than a week. I'm actually impressed at how quickly I received my response.  

What I did expect was the rejection, and while it is always disappointing to be rejected, I am excited to keep moving forward and continue submitting stories for publication. 

It'll happen someday, until then, I'll just keep writing. 

Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment