Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bootstrap is born

      Another addition has arrived to the Nevarez family and will join Ashley (my wife) and I, along with Midna and Muta (our kittens), tomorrow afternoon in our humble home. He's quiet, gentle and has so far captured the hearts of everyone he's met. His name is William Morgan Thomas Nevarez and was born April 26th at 10:29pm. He weighed 8 lbs 3 oz and measured in at 22 inches.
William (Bootstrap) Nevarez

      He's a beautiful addition to our little family and has already commanded the attention of most extended family quite a few friends. He'll fit in perfectly. If you'd like to see more pics, check out my Facebook here.

      It was really something spectacular, his being born. Due to certain unforeseeable circumstances my wife had to have a cesarean section (c-section) and accompanied her to the O.R. I have to confess that I stayed up by her head, holding her hand, and didn't venture further south. Though I did sneak a couple peaks around the curtain. Lots of blood and other things are what assaulted my eyes, and though I didn't get woozy, it was probably safer that I stayed behind the curtain. I know my wife appreciated it.

     I didn't see much of him initially, there were about nine people involved, eleven counting my wife and I, and bodies just seemed to get in the way as they went about doing what they do in order to ensure baby is healthy and stays healthy. When they were finished however, he was handed to me. There was an instant of uncertainty and very real fear as the doctor (or nurse or whoever) placed him in my arms, but as I looked down at his little face any doubts I may have had vanished. My fears were replaced with a warmth and a sudden understanding of what being a parent is about, though it may be daunting, it is a very real honor and privilege.

      Over the past few days I've spent in the hospital with Ashley and William I've been astounded by how much love such a tiny little person can inspire not only in family and friends but strangers as well. I look forward to the adventures that lay ahead, and though uncertain, I meet them head on with both my wife and son beside me.

Any parents out there that have any advice for a new father?

No comments:

Post a Comment