Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hello again

   It's been almost a full
two months since my last post and while I can blame my lack of blogging vigilance on the recent zombie outbreak and then the hordes of angry demon hamsters that came after my kittens in an attempt to steal their souls so they could release their satanic gerbil overlord hellbent on world domination and equal rodent rights (more serious than it sounds), in all honesty I've probably been a little lazy about the whole thing. Of course, the continuous lack of readily accessible internet access has also been somewhat of a factor.
   So I sit here now, typing on the laptop of a good friend while he and my wife go cuff to cuff in tekken 5 for the ps2. Let me share a quick status update of everything that's happened during my blogging absence.
   My little son, William, is now closer than ever to actually being among the rest of us. He's due to arrive in April but recent events point towards an earlier date. Excited, terrified and feeling somewhat dubious about what kind of father I'm going to be, ok.. ok.. completely unsure of what kind of father I'll be, or how to be a father at all for that matter.
   My writing is coming along, slowly, but surely. I'm currently attempting to write a novel and while I'm not meeting my daily goals, per se, I'm still moving forward, which is better than not moving.. or moving backwards. I think I may need to set down a schedule for myself, or at least set aside a certain period of time in which I can write.
   I also do most of my writing in a notebook with a pen and then have to type it up later which takes time as well. Maybe it's just me but time is something I don't seem to have enough of, almost like there aren't enough hours in the day or something. I have a feeling that soon I'll have even less.
   So when do you write? How do you make/find the time to do so?

No comments:

Post a Comment